The CAMPEP accredited residency at World Wide Medical Physics is a 24-month training program focusing on a clinically-oriented career in radiation oncology physics. Resident competency is evaluated throughout the training. At the completion of the program, the resident will be prepared to sit for their certification exam of the American Board of Radiology in Therapeutic Radiology Physics.
A sample of clinical competencies is shown below. This will soon be updated with a sample curriculum plan.
Clinical Area of Competency Include
- Conventional linear accelerator operation, calibration, and treatments.
- Stereotactic Radiotherapy (SRS, SBRT)
- Cyber Knife, Tomotherapy, Gamma Knife
- Treatment Planning (3D, IMRT, VMAT, TSE, TBI, 2D)
- Brachytherapy (HDR & LDR)
- Acceptance Testing and Commissioning (Linear Accelerators, HDR units, CT simulators, ancillary equipment, Treatment Planning Systems, US units for implants, dose calibrators, survey meters)
- Quality Assurance for all major and ancillary equipment
- Diagnostic radiological physics imaging pertinent to RT
- Radiopharmaceutical therapy
- Radiation Safety, Ethics, Professionalism, Compassion