The World Wide Medical Physics Residency Program is a 24-month clinical training program covering all aspects of radiation oncology physics and meets the CAMPEP standards for a Radiation Oncology Physics Residency Curriculum. Our program accepts one resident per year with a maximum of three residents in the program at one time. The World Wide Medical Physics residency handbook is available upon request. To request a copy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All residents entering the Medical Physics Residency Program are required to have a strong foundation in basic physics as documented by a master’s degree from an accredited graduate program. A list of CAMPEP accredited grad programs can be found here.
The application requires:
- Personal information (name, address, contact information)
- Please request an official application form.
- ABR certification status
- Disclosure of criminal behavior, academic violations, and/or licensure actions
- Employment history
- Military service history (if applicable)
- Education (undergraduate and graduate)
- Three references (including one from current advisor or department head)
- Personal statement (max 300 characters) indicating why you want to go into medical physics, and anything else you want to communicate to the application reviewers (this instead of a cover letter)
- Official transcripts for the bachelor and master degree are required
Email all information to email@example.com
The recruitment of Medical Physics Residents is the function of the Admission Committee. The applications and related material are reviewed; the top ranked candidates are then contacted to initiate the interview process. Preference is given to local candidates. Candidates are invited to visit the facility for a formal interview. In addition, references are contacted by phone to supplement the recommendation letters, if needed. After completion of all interviews, the Committee meets to review the interview results and any other pertinent information regarding the applicants. The committee then internally ranks interviewees. Upon selection, offer letters are sent to successful candidates.
WWMP, Inc is an equal employment/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital/or parental status, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veterans status, or any other classification protected by applicable Federal, State, or Municipal Law